Sunday, January 22, 2012

La Gente Esta Muy Loca

Everyday I seem to find something else that makes me love granada even more! and I'm finally over the jet lag :)


I've been walking and running through Granada a lot this past week. One thing I've noticed is that there are outdoor gyms everywhere! It's something I've never seen at home. They aren't electric, but there are 'ellipticals' 'bench press' and other machines where you lift your own body weight.

One of the parks that I really like is called Parque Federico García Lorca. It has a ton of paths that I can run on, an outdoor gym, and a little cafe at both ends where you can get a drink and sit at a table to enjoy the weather.



Last night was the latest I've stayed out since I've been here. I went to this Discoteca (club) that's in the sacramonte neighborhood. It's kind of a far walk but totally worth it. We went to a tapas bar before hand and headed up to the disco around 2 am. The club is actually in a cave in the mountain!

There were 2 floors, but most people were on the top floor. When we needed air we could go outside and sit on a couch on the patio and we had a great view of the Alhambra that was lit up! After about 4 hours of dancing we decided to head home and I got back around 7 am. We didn't wait for the sun to rise but once it gets warmer that's something we're going to do!
 

I really liked that they played mostly american music but added some spanish music too! Who doesn't love a place that plays 'vamos a la playa' at 5 am? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment