Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bologna

During my spring break trip to Italy I visited 4 cities. The first stop was in Bologna (where I flew in to). My friend Marlee, who I was traveling with, has a friend studying abroad there. Luckily for us she was able to host us for the night and we didn't have to pay for a hostel. Her friend lived with 5 other Italians and it was great getting to know them. This city was the smallest, but the most authentic in my opinion
The only canal in Bologna. Dried up....
Asinelli and Garisenda Towers
Fountain of Neptune
After a quick tour through the city, we went to dinner at Osteria dell'Orsa. I had the best pasta there in all of Italy :) Home made spaghetti! 

That night we went out with her Italian roommates. Bologna is a college town and there were a ton of people my age. They brought us to a plaza where everyone sits in circles and talks and drinks together. It was really relaxing and the weather was great!



We only had the night there because we had plans to be in Florence the next day. I wish we had scheduled more time in Bologna. So much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment